Salary Range: $51,668.28 – $76,520.73 annually
We’re St. Charles County, one of the fastest growing counties in Missouri, and the state’s third largest county in both population and economic share. We have 1,100 employees and 30 departments in numerous locations, and there is a high demand for exceptional video presentations.
We’re an extraordinary county, and we look for extraordinary employees. That’s why the successful candidate for our Video Production Manager will be a high-energy, extremely creative, innovative professional who is ready to lead a team of skilled staff to new heights. If that’s you, you will take us from traditional government videos on cable to live streaming on YouTube; from long videos of talking heads to snippets of information with high-tech graphics that can be utilized on social media.
The successful candidate will have all of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, television production, broadcast journalism or a related field
- At least six years of experience in video production or broadcast television including producing, directing, interviewing, shooting and editing video and audio projects
- At least three years of experience managing a video team in all areas of video production, as well as those outside the video production framework; prior experience leading a broadcast crew is preferred
- Working knowledge of professional broadcast equipment operation, non-linear editing and FCC regulations
- Expertise in computer software such as Avid, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Premiere
- Expertise in conceiving, writing and producing scripts, shot sheets and program rundowns to produce programming that communicates the intended goals
- Experience in researching program topics and developing the appropriate background information
- Experience in being accountable for personal and staff deadlines (?)
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement video projects
- Creativity and innovation demonstrated by recent work
- Experience in live broadcasts, including live switching
- Knowledge of the latest studio and field production techniques
- Knowledge of technical equipment and the ability to troubleshoot
- Broad understanding of video production needs, trends and processes
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to organize, schedule and multitask
- On-camera hosting and off-camera voiceover is a plus
Responsibilities of this position, in addition to the above, include:
- Participates and contributes as a member of the overall Communications Department team to coordinate messages through video, social media, traditional media, publications and other tactics.
- Analyzes equipment and materials and recommends improvements as necessary
- Operates 24-7 cable broadcast operation including, but not limited to, FCC compliance, program scheduling, equipment operation/maintenance, staff scheduling and supervision
- Oversees technical analysis/troubleshooting, operation, maintenance, installation and repair of equipment for video production, audio production, television broadcast equipment and materials, and lighting
- Creates graphics and performs other tasks for production as necessary
- Maintains updated stock footage and program library
- Other duties as assigned
All applications must be submitted only through our Self-Service Website at http://hr.sccmo.org/hr . We do not accept faxed, e-mailed or print applications. For your convenience, if needed, terminals are available on site at the HR Dept., 201 N. Second St., Room 519, St. Charles, MO 63301 Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Information via St.Charles County