Video Design Intern: Job# 972123
Staples Promotional Products is looking for a Video Design Intern to assemble digital content into a finished product that matches the project manager’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting. The project goal is to bring sight and sound together into clear, concise storytelling. This position will service three primary groups: Acquisition & Retention/Business Development services, Account Services and Sales Operations & Training. Acquisition & Retention works with the SPP sales team to present Staples solutions in a compelling and concise manner. This is done through developing RFI, RFP and Presentation responses and content.
The Video Design Intern will primarily support RFP and Presentation projects for Business Development/Sales with on-trend and relevant video pieces that are customized to individual clients or developed in support of greater Staples initiatives.
This position will be new to SPP. Video production duties were previously contracted to third parties. This position will work to bring outside influences, trends and production techniques to SPP and our video pieces.
Internal customers include SPP Acquisition & Retention team, BDD’s, Sales / SAM’s, Senior Leadership, Program Marketing and Sales Operations & Training.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in in film studies, cinematography or related field or equivalent experience in related area
Rising senior or junior
Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
An interest in pursuing a career in Video editing
- Knowledge of animation and video production principles and techniques
- Ability to create detailed design specifications and mockups to communicate design intent
- Experience in Cinema 4D (or equivalent), After Effects, Flash, Avid Media Composer, Light works, Premiere, iMovie, Audition, or Final Cut
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Media Encoder a plus
- Experience working with and converting different video file types
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity etc.
Location : US-MO-St Louis
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.