At COUNTRY Financial, our Senior Graphic Designer identifies, captures and creates impactful photos and graphics for the organization. Coordinates, revises, and maintains standards of quality of graphic communication pieces. Monitors progress of each graphics job from concept through completion. Provides solutions to problems through recommendations. Recommends style, material, technique, medium and construction for most effective graphic communications. Participates in planning of design needs for major corporate projects as a project team member. Ensures consistency of design for special efforts. Provides advice on brand standards and make sure designs follow brand, messaging and legal guidelines. Under general direction of their supervisor/manager, maintains a high degree of professionalism in work performed.
This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Designs and produces graphic communications for internal and external audiences, including, but not limited to marketing materials (posters, folders, fact sheets, pamphlets, brochures, ads, etc.), corporate and field publications, campaign support materials, agent contest materials, corporate job aids, slides, consumer and internal corporate communications and displays. Mediums include electronic, online and print.
- Establishes direction and goals of graphics design through analysis of needs, trends in graphics industry and corporate strategies.
- Organizes and plans the layout, design and photography in order for all parts to mesh together.
- Determines job specifications and requirements pertaining to each particular job request.
- Ensure production quality of designs (i.e. works with outside vendors to monitor production quality.
- Provides advice on brand standards and make sure designs follow brand, messaging and legal guidelines.
- Supports our mission, vision and corporate objectives within the scope of their position.
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners (i.e. purchasing, building services and vendors), internal clients and management to present and explain graphic approaches and to ensure work is done in an efficient and timely manner to meet timelines.
- Bachelor degree required graphic design, photography or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of design and visual/digital design work experience.
- Professional photography experience demonstrated with portfolio of work.
- Experience with creating and placing content for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn).
- Experience planning, conceptualizing, implementing, managing and evaluating multiple complex projects and programs.
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to leverage Social Media content as a business tool.
- Experience working on a highly creative team demonstrating initiative to drive concepts, development and results – industry or agency experience is a plus.
- Experience with Website design and maintenance tools, primarily Word Press and Adobe Muse CC. Knowledge of HTML/XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, ASP is a plus
- Some overtime and minimal travel.